We'd love to hear from you. Send us an email at email@example.com or post on our FaceBook page!
From time to time, we'll post your comments here:
- "Just wanted to let you know what a wonderful meal we had at your restaurant on Oct 13th. I made a
reservation for 8 newbies to eat on Saturday. Two of the party said the steak was the best steak they have ever had. I
had the salad and scallops which were delicious. Half of the group had desserts which they raved about. Your restaurant will be
my new go-to place. Thank you for your great food, service and atmosphere." Amy C.
- "... I wanted to say my girlfriend and I came here for the first time today to do lunch. I was pretty impressed with the selection on the menu and it was hard to choose . I ordered the soup, chicken sandwich, and chocolate mousse cake. I've never had a chicken sandwich where I didn't have to add ketchup or honey mustard! The roasted red peppers had all the sauce that was needed for my sandwich! I was shocked! The potato salad was delicious with the the green salad. And believe me, I do not even eat store bought potato salad. But I scraped my plate clean and so did my friend!! Now the dessert, Ummm Awesome, Exquisite, Perfection on a plate! I so wish we had known about you sooner. We came at lunch time and although it was busy our service was good, and we chatted up like girlfriends do until the rush was over. I definitely look forward to coming back. I felt so welcome... And to be honest with you, speaking as a minority, I don't always feel welcome in every restaurant I go into so it really makes a difference when the food And service is great! I commend the owners and staff. Take Care, Chris H."
- "It was the most spectacular Strawberry Shortcake I have ever experienced in my life. It was totally devoured in minutes by my department and co-workers." - Tiffany J.
- " Pousser la porte de chez Zake's, c'est comme s'inviter chez une bonne amie ; de l'extérieur, on dirait d'ailleurs une maison. A l'intérieur, l'impression se confirme : le sol est recouvert de parquet et les murs de tableaux. Les tables sont recouvertes de nappes blanches sur lesquelles se reflète la lumière du jour. L'ambiance est élégante mais décontractée." --French Food Blog review of Zakes Cafe: http://tetellita.blogspot.com/2012/03/ladies-who-brunch.html?spref=fb
- "Yesterday I stopped in for a cupcake (it was one of those days) and they didn't disappoint. For $2.50, I satisfied my craving with a delicious cupcake to go (just right, not too sweet) and didn't overdo it. Just right. Needless to say, the sweets case is not to be neglected on your next visit. " Allison B.
- "Thanks. The Dim Sum Appetizer was fantastic and the Fillet was like butter Kudos to all involved!" Tim C.
- "We had 6pm reservations for 4 on Saturday night and every table was full! When we left... the restaurant was filling up for the trendy second crowd!
(guess we are getting old...can't wait that long to dine anymore!)
Anyway...a good sign for a great restaurant! And it was just that!" Sherri S.
- "...the staff were SO sweet and accommodating, they let us commandeer one of their two-seater cafe tables just for dessert and coffee." - Elena C.
- "We went to Zakes for brunch on New Year's day and it was awesome!!!
We had Crab Cake Eggs Benedict which was amazing. Zakes cooks up awesome crab cakes, all killer no filler, and slathers them in hollandaise sauce with a poached egg. The potato's were perfectly done too....This was the perfect breakfast cooked perfectly if that makes sense. The price was totally budget too considering the quality." - Steve D.
- "Got a last minute reservation for 4 last night. Great local BYOB with a very nice menu and beautiful deserts! We all where happy with our meals and the cupcake after was delicious. Service was great and it was a very relaxed atmosphere." - Dianne S.
- "I've been eating their cakes for over twenty years, since the old days in East Falls and I've come to enjoy their cafe now that I have the pleasure of working next door to them. The food is consistently good. The service is friendly. And they make the best buttercream icing in the entire world." - David T.
- "Great meal, good service and friendly staff." - Majid E.
- "...when he asked me if I wanted duck, I thought, "Sure. Why not." Then when it arrived ..., the duck platter took me by surprise. Its presentation, its flavor...everything was perfect in every bite. The meat was tender and juicy. It also came with a dark cherry sauce. Afterwards, I spoiled myself with a fruit tart for dessert." - Matthew G.
- "Desserts are phenominal - white chocolate cheesecake w/ fruit on top and white chocolate drizzle is my best! Food is really good too: Northern Italian Chicken Salad, homemade German Potato Salad and Roasted Vegetable Salad w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette are some of my favorites!!" - Melanie D. I had a hard time deciding what to get.
- "There were easily 10 things I would have gladly ordered. Between the daily specials and the regular menu, there is definitely something for everyone." Herbie H.
- "Amazing food and BYOB! Couldn't get any better than that! The owner is adorable and the wait staff is always so friendly and knowledgeable about the food." E. B.